Blog#1: LEN NGUYEN

Just a girl who likes art.

Hi friends,
My name is Len (class of 2022) and I'm from Vietnam. I'm a Biology major and I have a huge passion for art. 

Hmm... How do I start this?
- My art journey starts when I was in 11th grade (when my study abroad journey began). At that time, I had to choose a random class to fill up my schedule, and I chose to take a painting class for no reason. Little did I know, that was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. It was my beloved teacher who inspired me with his love and passion for art and showed me what art really means. And yeah, that's how the journey started.
I have a weird relationship with art. Back then, art was everything to me. I could spend a whole day drawing and painting, ignoring all the other important things that I needed to care about. And then art became something that I held on to to gain confidence in myself. My father was the one who realized that. So one day, we had to sit down and talk through my problem because it was when I needed to choose a major for my college applications. My father helped me realize that it is super important to balance what we want to do (aka our passion) and what we need to do for the sake of our future. So at the moment, I am proud to say that my love for art hasn't changed, although it's not "everything" to me anymore, it's still a part of me and it's one of the elements that makes who I am today. 

I like graphic designing, and I have been making art projects and posting them on my Instagram account on a daily basis. For my project, I would like to make a transition to YouTube, where I would make videos using illustrations to explain biological and psychological concepts. For my first video, I want to talk about pretty privilege, and answer the question: "Is beauty a talent?"

Comments

Popular Posts